What’s that I see peeking out of the sacristy closet? Green vestments? After six weeks of Lent and seven weeks of Easter, it’s time for Ordinary Time at last.
Although I’m always a fan, this year I have a special reason to be excited about Summer Ordinary Time: we have finally entered the season in which Finding God in Ordinary Time will be published! Seventeen weeks from now, on the 17th of September, my book will be out in the world.
Now all I have to do is get people to notice. Can you help?
If you’d like to generate some buzz for the book, here are some practical things you can do:
- If you have a GoodReads account, add Finding God to your “Want to Read” shelf.
- Consider pre-ordering a copy (or two). I’m encouraging people to go through my local indie, the Open Book Bookstore in Elkins Park, to get a personalized, signed copy. You can indicate whether you would like to pick it up at the store, get it from me, or have it shipped ($3).
- Check out my listing at Midpoint Book Sales & Distribution, where you can see other pre-ordering options like Barnes & Noble or (even better) your local indie, and also share on just about any form of social media.
- Follow me on Amazon (check out my author page)!
- Write a review for posting on GoodReads and/or Amazon, or anyplace else you can think of (your own blog, a newsletter to which you contribute, etc.). Advance Reader Copies are almost available, so if this is something you can do, let me know and I’ll get you one.
- Share with abandon! Scroll down to the bottom of this page and see which social media options work for you.
- And be sure you are following this blog so you don’t miss an update. You don’t have to create a WordPress account; one of the options below is just joining the e-mail list, which is a great way for me to stay in touch.
Thank you to everyone who has encouraged this adventure.
This summer, and always, may your ordinary days be extraordinarily blessed!